Shelton, CT - Furnace & Air Conditioning Service, Repair & Maintenance Contractor
Bren-Air Heating & Cooling is proud to serve the Shelton community!
We are proud to be part of this community, serving your heating and air conditioning needs. Whether you need repair, replacement or a new installation of a furnace, air conditioner, heat pump or air filtration system, we get the job right the first time. Our certified technicians service all furnace and air conditioning make and models.
Please call us today at 203-876-9535 to consult with our home comfort specialist.
- Repair Service
- New Air Conditioner Sales
- Air Conditioner Installation
- Air Conditioning Replacement
- High Efficiency Air Conditioner Upgrades
- Air Conditioner Parts
- Air Conditioner Maintenance Contract
- Air Conditioner Repair
- Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners
- Single Room Air Conditioners
- Wall Mount Air Conditioners
- Air Conditioning Filters
- Furnace Filters
- Air Cleaners
- Air Purifiers
- Whole House Humidifiers
- Programmable Thermostats
- Heat Recovery Ventilators
- Ultraviolet (UV) Germicidal Lights
- Repair Service
- New Gas Furnace Sales
- New Oil Furnace Sales
- New Heat Pump Sales
- New Boiler Sales
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Installation
- Boiler Installation
- Furnace Replacement
- Heat Pump Replacement
- Boiler Replacement
- Furnace Repair
- Heat Pump Repair
- Boiler Repair
- Furnace Parts
- Heat Pump Parts
- Boiler Parts
- Heating Maintenance Contracts
- Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- Single Room Heating
- Wall Mount Heat Pumps
About Shelton, CT - Happy to be your hometown Heating & Air Conditioning Contractor!
Shelton was established in 1639, by the English as a division of the municipality of Stratford, Connecticut, but was split off from Stratford in 1789. The rapidly growing borough of Shelton was incorporated as a city in 1915 and was consolidated with the town of Huntington in 1919 – that is now the present city of Shelton. Today, Shelton is a welcoming historic New England town with that magical combination of history and modern convenience.
The White Hills is a division of the municipality of Shelton and one of the oldest sections of the city, with historical architecture that dates back to the early 18th century. It is the most rural part of Shelton, as well. This is actually typical of the rural towns in this area. They are often affluent historical towns with agrarian roots. The White Hills region got its name for its higher elevation - as compared with the rest of Shelton. White Hills has both a rustic nature and access to close by shopping areas. The undulating hills in the region were named “White “for several reasons:
- The snow melted slower in the spring – which it white!
- visible lime rock – which is white!
- wild dogwood blossoms in spring – you g guessed it - white!
The City of Shelton's objective is to safeguard at least 15% of the land as locally controlled open space in the following three forms:
- City of Shelton Public Open Space properties
- Privately owned farmland protected by the purchase of development rights
- properties held by the non-profit Shelton Land Conservation Trust
As of 2009, these forms of open space amount to 13% of the City! This is quite lovely for residents because there is nature, big houses, large yards and stunning views but also convenient to shopping, dining and the like. It’s the best of all possible worlds!